Friday, September 30, 2011

Passion/ Quitting

Hello All,

So I have been thinking lately about passion. About my passion specifically.Theatre. Singing. The stage. You know whats funny? I cannot think of one specific reason why I want to do it. But I CAN think of thousands of reasons why I shouldn't. I'm sure my parents would be much happier if I went into my second career choice of nursing. I can think of a thousand reasons as to why I should do that. I would be financially stable. The medical field is fascinating to me. I love to help people. I have a maternal nature, so I would be great with patients. But the big question is... would it make be truly happy? I am thinking the answer to that is probably no. Sure, I would be happy... but there would always be something missing from my life. Always. At least if I never really went for theatre. If I fail and need to go into nursing then that's another story. But if I never really go for it? I would always be wondering, what if? I could quit if I wanted to. It would be simple. Go through the steps and get into Nursing school. A lot of programs even pay for your school.

Theatre is one of the hardest careers to get into. It's not just about talent. It's about selling yourself and being willing to completely let go. To let somebody else in completely so that they can feel what your feeling. That feeling of being on stage is unbeatable. The smell of the saw dust and the sweat and the stage makeup is amazing. I can't wait to be on stage again. I can feel it. It's close hopefully. It's a high like none other. I have no idea why anybody would do drugs if they have a passion. Passion is what drives us. It's what makes us who we are. If you don't have passion then you're living life without a heart. You're a walking flat-line. 


I have an audition on Sunday. I am really excited. I am singing a song that is very different from anything I have ever done before. It's a big number and I'm nervous. BUT, for the shows I am trying out for, I have to come in with the big guns. I need them to notice me big time because the shows require big voices AND they don't know me at this particular theatre. So cross your fingers for me! At 8 pm on Sunday, I will be there and hopefully impressing some directors!

Until next time my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment