Sunday, July 3, 2011

Words to live by

"Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try."- Ernest Hemingway

So, as you know, this is a blog mainly focused on my journey to lose weight. However, it is also about finding a new beginning in many other ways. I saw this quote today and I felt that it is such a great saying to live by. I believe that humans have gotten to the point now where everything is so rushed. Life passes you by so quickly because you don't normally have time to really stop and think and appreciate. I think that this quote is such a great way of reminding people to take time and do things correctly. Appreciate everything that you have the opportunity to experience. 

To talk about my weight loss for just a second, I went to the story today and got some really healthy groceries. I got chicken, veggies, spring mix, splenda, eggs, etc. I am very excited because I am all stocked up for the moment and feel good. I have been eating well this week and my body feels better already. The main thing that has been hard is eating three meals a day. I don't normally have three meals so my stomach has been having a hard time getting used to that. I had breakfast before work the other day and my stomach felt awful for the time that i was at work. I am never hungry in the morning, so it can be a daunting thing to think about eating. However, its all for the better and I am looking forward to starting to see results! Until next time, my friends! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment